Injured And Don't Know What To Do?
Injured And Don't Know What To Do?
C. Phil Hall
- Personal Injury/ Car Wreck 60%
- Medical Malpractice 20%
- Long-term Disability ERISA 10%
- Homeowner's Insurance Claims 10%
"The best part of my practice is when a jury finds justice for my client and tells the insurance company: ‘We see what you are doing, and it is wrong.’
Every client has his or her individual story, and it's an attorney's job to tell that story honestly and effectively so that a jury, a judge, or an insurance adjuster can fully appreciate the client's story and provide a full and fair remedy. Phil prides himself on being able to tell a client's story in a sincere and compelling way, and he prides himself on getting full and fair recoveries for his clients.
Sometimes a client's story requires experts who can recreate an accident scene, explain how bones function on impact, or visually explain why neck pain causes numbness in the hands. Some cases require life care planners, economists, or even physicists, and some can be told simply through the medical records, treating physicians, and next-door neighbors. All stories require a teller. A good lawyer/good story teller has to have the ability to marshall all of the right experts, all the right images, and all of the right evidence to tell the story.
A good story teller also has to be a curious listener and thorough thinker. Phil is both. Before attending law school at the University of Florida Levin College of Law, Phil majored in English and minored in Philosophy. He has used the critical thinking skills he learned in those disciplines to great effect for his clients in many jury trials, settlements, and arbitrations since he began practicing law in 2002. So it is no surprise that Phil is a Lifetime Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and he has repeatedly earned that distinction with multiple verdicts and settlements in excess of a million dollars.
Phil's hobbies include reading everything he can get his hands on, from poetry to pulp fiction to endless books and articles about becoming the best attorney for his clients. Phil routinely plays blitz chess and correspondence chess. He has run marathons, competed in long-distance swims, and bicycled through many states on many century rides over the years.
When Phil gets to spend time with his wife and two sons, they enjoy sailing on Pensacola Bay and popping out into the Gulf of Mexico. They often go camping and hiking with their Boy Scout Troop, and on good, quiet days, Phil gets to cook for his family and friends.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 2002
- Honors: Book Award, Family Law
- University of West Florida, Pensacola, Florida
- B.A. - 1996
- Major: English
- Minor: Philosophy
- Florida, 2003
- Alabama, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama
- Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. v. McGowan, 83 So. 3d 713, 2012, Fla. 1st DCA
- Butler v. Dirga, 64 So. 3d 1263, 2011, Fla. 1st DCA
- Henderson v. Astrue, 2011 WL 5981027, 2011, Fla. 1st DCA
- Dirga v. Butler, 39 So. 3d 388, 2010, Fla. 1st DCA
- Dirga v. Butler, 1 So. 3d 1188, 2009, Fla. 1st DCA
- Grooms v. Serv. Max Delivery & Installation, Inc., 953 So. 2d 624, 2007, Fla. 1st DCA
- Bamford v. Williams, 896 So. 2d 779, 2004, Fla. 1st DCA
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum - Lifetime Member
- Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished- Peer Rated for High Professional Achievement
- Representing Individuals in Personal Injury Cases, Cycling-related disputes, and Insurance Disputes
- Escambia-Santa Rosa County Bar Association, Member
- Florida State Bar, Member
- Alabama State Bar, Member
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Florida Bicycle Association, Member
- League of American Bicyclists, Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
Current Employment Position
- Lead Trial Attorney